Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Live Your Love Loud

I keep starting this post over and over, trying to find just the right words to say. I think I've finally settled on an approach that is just simple. Short and sweet. Here goes:

We live in a broken, depraved, tragic world. Things happen that are beyond our control. Sad, horrible things.

I have had the honor and privilege of meeting a woman who has seen the face of tragedy and decided to truly make beauty from ashes. I am so humbled by her grace and courage and I am so blessed to have had the opportunity to work with her on this amazing project.

Today we are launching a non-profit in honor of her husband, CW3 Frank Buoniconti. I never had the chance to meet Frank in this world, but he must have been on AMAZING man from the stories that I have heard. Frank had a heart for those who were hurting and broken. Especially for the fatherless. How ironic that his own children would soon be the very ones that he had such a passion for.

Please, please take a moment to check out this website. I am honored to be working with Kryste Buoniconti as her Assistant Director for Live Your Love Loud. She is determined to "take back the 12th" and turn tragedy into triumph.

I think the website speaks for itself in explaining what LYLL is all about, and if you have a moment (and a box of tissues) click on the link to Kryste's blog and read all about her amazing story. And if you are compelled to give we would really appreciate it. Kryste (and I) want to bless the socks off some amazing military families who are adopting.

Live Your Love Loud

This isn't about a sad story, it's about hope. It's about continuing a legacy that Frank left behind.

Please keep this sweet family in your prayers as they go through another difficult day and another difficult holiday season.

Love you all,

Em

1 comment:

  1. Hello! my name is Jen Smith and we are a military family (currently stationed at West Point) who have been matched with a sweet little boy in Korea. We are waiting for our court date and looking to raise some money to help offset the travel costs. Can you please provide me with the link to apply? We are so grateful for your organization and the world you are doing to support and raise awareness for adoption! May God Bless you all!

    ReplyDelete