Here's the catch though; we are still waiting to see what happens with this situation with family because of course, that would be our top priority. We also still have NO IDEA what is going on with Ben as far as work stuff goes, so getting our license is both exciting and scary! We have really thought about it and decided that for right now we are not going to actively pursue finding foster children, but if a social worker were to call us we would have to weigh each situation individually. I think that is all that we can do for now until we feel more confident about the outcome of this potential adoption and where we (or Ben!) will be in the future.
One thing you can be praying about is that we will be meeting with this child and his parents soon. We are travelling to see both our families (yay!) and so we will have the chance to meet with them and (hopefully) get a better understanding of the situation. Please pray that the meeting goes well and that we can all walk away from it with a better understanding of what is best for everyone involved. Another thing that we need prayer for will be for the timing and financial aspect of this if it goes through. Since we had been planning to do foster care there is a lot less financial commitment involved than with a private adoption. We know that if God is directing this He will oversee the finances and that we don't need to stress about it, but a little prayer certainly won't hurt!
Love you all, and thank you for your support! I really feel like I can't say that enough!!!
B, E & H