Monday, February 20, 2012

Praying for patience...

The funny thing about patience is that you don't really have a choice. I mean, I sure wish I could speed things along, but there honestly isn't a thing that I can do other than sit back and wait! So, that's pretty much what we have been doing lately. Which isn't saying that we have been bored by any stretch of the imagination.

Two weeks ago Ben headed out "to the field." Which is Army lingo for playing Soldier in their own backyard. Okay, maybe not exactly, but you get the idea! He was out doing training, conducting ranges, sleeping in tents, and not showering. Ewwww... There are lots of reasons that I would never join the Army and not showering for two weeks is definitely one of them! I have said it before, and I'm sure I will say it again; I make a pretty good Army wife and I am most certainly proud of my hubby, but I am NOT cut out to be a Soldier! Anyway, his training went well and he finally made it home, showered and had some real food. He even got one day off before he had to head back to work this morning to put all the equipment away and such. But, the awesome part is that he will get a four day weekend this weekend, just in time for his thirtieth birthday!!! We are so excited to get to spend some time together as a family and enjoy each other's company for a while.

Right after Ben left, Hunter and I headed to IL for a week to visit family. It was a great visit, but it went so quickly! It always does. We visited the Shedd Aquarium, had a valentine's party, spent some time with Hunter's G.G. (great grandma), saw lots of family and had a lot of fun!

So, we haven't been bored! But we are just waiting. Right now we are still waiting for our fingerprints to be cleared by the FBI, and after that our agency can submit all our paperwork to the state so that we can receive our foster license. It will take about 3-4 weeks after that paper is submitted for our license to be approved, so we are hoping that the fingerprints arrive soon! Once we have the license our social worker will be able to start looking for possible placements for us, which is sooooooooooooo exciting. The way I understand it, she will attend different consortium's in which children that are waiting for homes will be presented. If she feels that any of these children would be a good fit for our family she will talk to their social worker and give that social worker our home study along with a little photo profile of our family. That worker will then review our information and if he/she feels that we are a good fit we will be contacted about the child/ren. So, there are a lot of pieces that have to fall in place for us to even be contacted about a particular child or sibling group.

Well, I guess that's all for now. Nothing exciting to report, but we are still here and waiting! Thank you again for all of your support. It feels so good to log in to the blog and see that people have been checking it, even when I haven't been posting! I would love to post every day, but there is a silly little boy in my house that takes up most of my time! :) Lucky for him, I'd rather spend time with him than posting on here, so sorry for the long breaks sometimes.

Keep praying, we are getting closer and closer!

Love,

B, E & H

No comments:

Post a Comment