Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Drenched

Note: This is a rewrite since I deleted the original post on accident... sorry!!!

As I opened the page to begin this blog I was immediately struck by just how appropriate the title of my last post was! Indeed, a couple of weeks ago it was the calm before the storm. Today I just feel drenched.

I don't even know where to begin with some of this, and I hope that it will make sense as I put it down in words. I do want to preface this with a disclaimer: I don't want to give many details because the situation has not yet worked itself out and it is quite a delicate situation. So please excuse my vaugeness and try to understand that wherever there are human feelings involved it can be quite complicated. That said, for right now all I really want to say is that we have been in contact with a family member who has a young child in her care. The parents of the young child are no longer together, and right now it appears that neither parent is capable of handling some of the special needs that this child has. Ben and I would love nothing more than to be able to take this child into our family and care for him, but in order to do that we need both parents to relinquish rights so that we could adopt the child. We did look into different levels of guardianship, temporary custody, etc., but none of these would allow us to put the child on our insurance and get him the best possible care. It also would seem that a stable situation would be of great benefit, so that is one more reason that pursuing an adoption would be best for everyone. Please pray for all of us involved, especially this sweet child who needs a loving, stable home where he can thrive, but also for the parents. I can't even begin to imagine what they must be feeling right now.

Along with that situation, we are in a period of uncertainty concerning Ben's Army career. Not that he is considering leaving the military, just that we don't know if we will be moving, facing a deployment or staying happily right where we are! Of course, we would love to stay in WA forever and never have another deployment, but I'm pretty certain that Uncle Sam won't stand for that. So... we are anxiously awaiting any news about what the future holds for us there as well!
Please pray for us to know what to do in each of these situations. I am a "planner" and all of this uncertainty is hard for me! I know that God has it all under control, but boy am I anxious to see what is next.

Love you all!

B, E & H


No comments:

Post a Comment