Monday, November 7, 2011

Beautiful!

As you may have guessed by the fact that I have been silent, we are still waiting. I called the home study place on Friday afternoon and left a message. I called them again today and was told that I should get a call tomorrow morning letting me know where they are on the home study. To be honest, I'm struggling to trust God and to trust that the writer of our home study knows what he is doing! I realize that there are many families waiting and wanting their home study completed, but it feels like we are soooooooooooo close, yet not close enough. I just have to be content with knowing that God has a child or children in mind for our family and no one will stand in the way of His will for those children.

While we wait I have been doing a lot of reading. One book I read is Wait no More by Kelli and John Rosati. It was a quick read but it really helped clarify in my mind that we are on the right path. We know that this is not going to be easy, but the more that we learn about the foster system and the children who become a part of it, the more it becomes painfully obvious that we can't turn our backs on these children. Yes, they will come with baggage. Lots of baggage. And yes, they will be scarred, scared, defiant, hurt, broken, bruised, grieving, sad, angry, bitter and so much more. Can you blame them? These kids have been abandoned, neglected, and abused. Not all of them were intentionally hurt. Some of the parents struggle with mental health issues, drug addictions and circumstances that are beyond their control. But that doesn't change the reality that these children need to be LOVED. God doesn't call us to love the lovely. He doesn't ask us to love those who love us in return. Instead we are called to love our enemies and pray for those who persecute us (Matt. 5:44). Do you know what follows this verse? (When I looked it up it made me smile!) That you may be children of your Father in heaven (Matt. 5:45). WOW. God wants us to love the unlovable just as He loves us and ADOPTS us into HIS family!!! I know that this is going to be a long and tough road. We are going to have our hearts broken when we love a child who isn't yet able to love us back. But this is what we are called to do. Isn't it beautiful???

So, who do you need to love?

B, E & H

No comments:

Post a Comment