Friday, January 6, 2012

Amazed

I have probably mentioned this before (I sure hope that I have!) but I just wanted to take the time to say it again. We have just been blown away by all of the support that we have been given so far. At the beginning of this process we were really reluctant to even tell anyone that we were wanting to adopt because there is a real fear of what people may say or think about it - especially when you decide to adopt older children who have often had a pretty rough life. By the time we began to tell people we were wanting to adopt we were very committed to the idea, so we felt like we were better prepared to deal with any rejection that we may come across. I know that it's not the case for every adoptive family, but we have been met with nothing but support from everyone we have encountered. What a blessing that has been!!!

Our families, friends, neighbors, church family... everyone has been so wonderful in praying for us, helping us through all of the ups and downs, watching Hunter when we had to go to training, letting us watch their kids so we can be assured that we CAN deal with more children and generally just being there for us each step of the way. I am not crazy enough to think that we will ALWAYS get 100% support as things progress, but I am still so amazed at how wonderful it has been so far.

So THANK YOU for being a part of our journey and for your support just by reading this blog. I know I can tend to ramble on and on and I really do appreciate you taking the time just to see where we are at and how things are going. I know that we will need the support more than ever as we get closer and closer to getting placements, and even more after we have our child/ren!

Thank you for being there for us!!! If I could hug each of you I would!

Love,

B, E & H

No comments:

Post a Comment