Saturday, January 21, 2012

It's almost time...

Tomorrow is the big day - our home visit! It has been a CRAZY week leading up to this. My plan was to take some time on Wednesday and Friday while Hunter was at school and do some cleaning, organizing, etc. HA! Apparently I neglected to take into account the incredible weather. I don't have an official measurement, but I know that we have probably gotten close to a foot of snow over the past week. Top that off with about 3/4 inch of ice and a severe lack of salt and snow plows and you have got yourself a major disaster!

We have been so blessed because we didn't lose power for any significant amount of time, but there were over 230,000 people in our area who didn't have power. As of today it seems like most of our friends have their power back, but it's hard to really say. In light of all of this, Hunter hasn't had school all week and Ben hasn't had work either. Needless to say, preparing for our home visit took a backseat to helping friends clear snow, have a warm meal and a place to hang out. I think that through all of this God is teaching me that I need to just let go of all my worries and let Him take control. Honestly, I'm sure that having my bathroom sinks sparkling clean and having the couch free of cat fur isn't going to make that much of a difference to our social worker. In fact, I really hope that she would prefer that we had friends over for dinner since they didn't have power and so I haven't had a chance to scrub my kitchen floor. I guess everything just needs to be put in perspective sometimes!

Today the snow is melting and the trees have stopped falling. Hopefully the weather will behave and we will be able to have our home visit tomorrow and get one more step closer to bringing home our kid/s! We did get a mattress and the store we purchased it from was so sweet. They told Ben over the phone that they had the one we wanted in stock but when he got to the store they didn't have it - so instead they gave him a much nicer one for the same price! What a blessing! Now we have a full and a twin mattress which should allow us to be licensed for two kids. We have opted not to worry about a crib, so we won't be licensed for infants. I'm not really sure what age is considered "infant" but I will find out tomorrow.

Please pray that everything goes smoothly and I will update all of you as soon as possible!

Love you all!

B, E & H

No comments:

Post a Comment