Thursday, January 26, 2012

Just what I needed!

Oh, friends!

It has been a crazy couple of weeks. However, today God knew JUST what I needed!!! First, I had a wonderful morning out of the house at a great little play place on post with some fantastic friends and fellowship.

This afternoon I got to RUN. I have begun running again in hopes of doing a 12k this summer with my sweet hubby, but over the past week or two with all the crazy weather I haven't been able to run outside. Luckily I have a sweet friend just a few doors down who has graciously let me "borrow" her treadmill AND watch Hunter for me while I run. God is sooooooooooooo good! Anyway, today is the first day that it has been sunny since our winter storm and my same sweet friend took Hunter for me so I could run outside in the sunshine. Now, I don't know about all you other runners, but I don't run with an ipod or anything. It's just me and my thoughts. Sometimes that's good, sometimes it's bad, but I really enjoy just spending some time alone with no distractions.

Today I only got about a quarter mile into my run when I saw the most beautiful bald eagle soaring above me. Immediately the hymn (based on Isaiah 40:31) popped into my head;

"They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up on wings like eagles.
They shall run and not be weary;
They shall walk and not faint..."

But the BEST part of this little story is the next line of the verse;

"Teach me Lord, teach me Lord, to WAIT"

Oh, wow! What a reminder that God is always looking out for us. He so clearly sent that verse straight to my heart to let me know that he is always here, even in the waiting. Isn't that just beautiful?!?!?

I was also reminded while I was running just how important it is for all of us to have this wonderful balance between our minds, bodies and spirits. I feel like I really saw the effect of this while we were stuck at home with the snow. Without a physical outlet we were all going a bit crazy in the house! Isn't it so amazing to think that our bodies are a trinity, just like God is? Without the mind, body, spirit combination we are not human. So awesome!

Anyway, we are still waiting, but I know that it is just where God wants us to be! While we wait on the Lord we will work on renewing our strength so that we can be prepared for whatever it is that God has in store for our family.

I pray that God gives you just what you need today!!!

Love,

B, E & H

No comments:

Post a Comment