Friday, July 6, 2012

Murphy's Law

Dear friends, sometimes it seems like we just can't catch a break, doesn't it? It's been like that around here lately. Nothing horrible, just little things that just seem to keep going wrong (and I know from experience that it will probably only get worse after Ben leaves, somehow Murphy always gets us when there's no one around to help!) Ha!

Anyway, I just wanted to give you all a super quick update and hopefully I can update you again sometime later today as well. Ben will be heading out very soon, and the poor guy is battling an awful virus. We are still trying to enjoy the time before he goes though and he's doing a great job of suffering silently so that we can have some fun as a family. We had a wonderful cookout on the 4th with our incredible neighbors (who knew that ladderball could be so fun!?!?!) and Hunter thought that the fireworks were just magical. It melted my heart to see the excitement on his face! However, yesterday he showed me his "yucky boo boo" on his leg. Looks like he has some kind of infection (probably a staph infection like he had a year or two ago) from a mosquito bite. So we are off to the doctor in a couple hours!

To top it all off, yesterday I missed a phone call from the social worker. ALL DAY I checked my phone about every 15 minutes while we were out enjoying the sunshine at an amazing wildlife park. Naturally, I left my phone in my purse while we were at t-ball practice last night and missed the call that came in around 6:00 pm. She left a message (yay!) but didn't give us any information (boo!) so  I have been analyzing and trying to read into every nuance and inflection of her message. I mean, that's what everyone would do, right? Despite my best efforts to discern some sort of hidden message within the voicemail we are waiting for a call back to let us know if we will become the parents of a bouncing, nearly 10 year old boy!!! Life is crazy, isn't it?

So, that's the quick update for now. Please keep us in your prayers as we wait for this call, hope for Hunter's infection to be something simple, get Ben healed before he gets on a plane to Afghanistan and try to make the most of the couple days we have left of this summer as a family of three!!!

Love you all,

B, E & H

No comments:

Post a Comment