Saturday, July 21, 2012

Overflowing

I don't know how else to describe it, but my heart is overflowing. Today Hunter and I had the chance to spend the entire day with this sweet boy (he was able to come to visit at our house ALL DAY!) and I just couldn't be happier. He is sweet, and adorable, and he and Hunter played together perfectly! I am not naive enough to think that will always be the case, but it sure is nice to see them playing and giggling together.

Yesterday I went and got bunk beds for the boys since I knew that we will have the chance to start doing overnight visits soon and I wanted to be ready. I had been looking around a bit and Ben actually found a set on Craigslist that he sent me the link to. I emailed and the seller called me within a few hours. He was able to meet me right away! Which is quite a miracle in itself. I guess I really shouldn't be surprised anymore when this happens, but when I met him to see the bed he had his two sons with him, one biological son and one adopted son! Oh, how AWESOME is that!!! Just another affirmation that we really are traveling the right path. Turns out he and his wife adopted their son from Ethiopia a few years ago. What a crazy, amazing twist in our story. Needless to say, we got the bunk beds and they are perfect! They even match the other furniture in Hunter's room. And I got them built today with the help of two sweet, four-year-old boys!

So, what can I tell you about today... the boys played and played for the first hour or two. Then we had lunch (which they insisted on eating outside, in the empty swimming pool) and went to the park for a while. Then they played some more, helped me with the beds, colored and went outside while I made dinner. We had leftover pizza and I made some broccoli as well. Wouldn't you know it, two little boys with plates of pizza and broccoli and they BOTH ate the broccoli and asked for seconds before either of them touched the pizza!!! What a pair!

Of course I took pictures, but I assume that I can't post any for you to see. So sorry! I will tell you that as far as appearance goes he is quite the opposite of Hunter. They are both pale, but while Hunter is stocky and tall, he is slight and short. Hunter is blond and blue-eyed, he is brown-haired and brown-eyed (BIG brown eyes... I have ALWAYS wanted a brown-eyed child!!!)  Personality wise they are pretty similar though, which is super nice and helped them to play together well. I really couldn't have asked for a better child!

So now we just have to begin the transition from his foster home to our home. I think that he will do pretty well with the transition, but he is quite attached to his foster parents because he has been with them for a while now and so when we move all his stuff here I do anticipate him having a rough time for a while. We will do our best though to try to make it as easy as possible on him and I am so glad that we have such a wonderful foster family to work with. They will certainly make this whole process a LOT easier for me!

I would love to write more and more, but I have to go and take an exam. Trying to finish this class in record time so that I can focus on our sweet - growing! - family.

Love you all! And as always, thank you for all the prayers and support!!!

B, E & H

P.S. I guess I should mention that Ben is doing well, has a room and internet and a job!


No comments:

Post a Comment