Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Eek!

Wow... where to start?!?

Tonight we got to meet the most adorable, sweet little boy (not that I am biased in any way...) and I am sooooooooo excited to start the process of making him OURS! I honestly feel so strange saying that since I feel like we have been on this journey for so long now with no progress. It's been 18 months since we contacted the first agency.

Want to know something strange? My whole life the number 18 has been my favorite number. I have no good reason for it, I just love the number 18! Anyway, somehow the number 18 always pops up in the strangest places for me. Like the fact that Ben and I got married on the 18th, even though it wasn't our original wedding date and it certainly wasn't our first choice. I mean, who gets married one week before Christmas?!?! And Hunter was born on the 18th. Didn't plan that one! So, 18 months after starting the process to adopt I get to meet our (hopeful!) future son on... THE 18TH!!! Coincidence??? I don't believe in coincidence. Although I really didn't plan for it that way, it just happened that Wednesday evening was the best time to meet. But how fun is that?!?

Anyway, it looks like everything is set to move forward, now I just have to wait on the social worker to come and do a home visit so that we can have the opportunity to start having this sweet child come and spend some time at our house and begin the transition. Obviously, it would be great to have the transition made before school starts. I am hoping that everyone else involved will also agree. I can hardly believe that this family will become a family of four! I honestly don't know how long it will take before we will be able to adopt him (all of that is assuming that his parents rights are eventually terminated) but I have faith that it will happen. It seems that the state does as well since they want to transfer him to our family as a foster-adopt family. Yay!

Okay, there is so much for me to take in and think about, and I want to get to talk to Ben about everything too so I am off to send him an email and start the search for bunk beds! Oh, and I guess I should do homework too. That's just not nearly as fun.

Love you all!

B, E & H

No comments:

Post a Comment