Thursday, July 12, 2012

Quick Update

So, this morning at 9:30 am (just a half an hour before I expected the social worker to arrive) he called to say that he had to cancel because the other worker that needs to come with him couldn't make it. So now I have a clean house and no one to show it to! :)

On a positive note Ben called this morning after reading my frantic email and agreed that it sounds like this little boy could be a good fit for our family. Yay! I assumed he would say that, but it's a strange thing to tell someone that you would be happy to (potentially) bring a child into your family without talking with your husband first. Just one of those things...

Now I'm just waiting to see when they will reschedule with me. I'm really hoping for sooner rather than later because I'm anxious to meet this boy and see what he is like! The fun part is that I now have an email address for his foster mother so I will be contacting her to find out some more about what he likes/dislikes, personality, etc. I am so anxious to get to know him!

That's the update for now. Ben is probably in Afghanistan by now and I'm hoping that he can get his internet hooked up soon. We really don't know what to expect since he doesn't really know exactly what his job will be, so please keep praying for him as he transitions. Also, please be praying for Hunter. He is really missing his daddy. Today we were at the splash park and he was so sad because his daddy is gone, he cried the whole way home. He's being so brave and doing a great job, but it is really affecting him. Before his t-ball game tonight he said, "I'm going to throw the ball all the way to Afghanistan so Daddy can catch it!" :) He melts my heart!

Love you all!

E & H (and Ben!)

I forgot to mention that today my dashboard light came on indicating that my tire pressure was low. I'm very proud to say that I fixed it all my myself! Woohoo!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment